Remove Imperfections with Safe, Effective Teeth Whitening Sessions!
Your smile makes an impact! But regular cleanings and dedicated brushing at home only get you so far. Teeth naturally darken with age and stains set into microscopic tubules causing a yellowing effect. Sometimes it takes a dentist to take get them white again. Timothy J. Butson, DMD, MSD offers professional-strength teeth whitening in Seattle to bring your smile back to a radiant white. Whiten over your lunch break in our convenient downtown Seattle location.
Over-the-counter brands of teeth whiteners can have harmful ingredients and not all of them work on deep-level stains. All products we use are clinically shown to provide stain removal that is safe for your teeth and gums. We offer in-office and at-home teeth whitening options for your convenience.
What causes staining?
Tooth stains can be deep, known as intrinsic staining, or superficial, or extrinsic staining. Intrinsic staining occurs deep inside the tooth and is, therefore, more difficult to remove. Extrinsic staining is on the surface and, though it can be cleaned more easily, it needs to be done in a way that does not damage the enamel or gums. There are many factors that can contribute to both these two types of staining.
- Drinking coffee, tea, and colas
- Certain antibiotics and other medications
- Tobacco use
- Nerve degeneration
- Insufficient oral hygiene
What is the Process for Teeth Whitening?
The in-office process for teeth whitening with Zoom!
- To prepare for whitening, our dentist will examine your teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy.
- Your gums and lips are covered by a dental dam, to protect them during treatment.
- Zoom! is then applied, a whitening gel which is activated by the Zoom! light source. Working together, the gel and light gently break up the stains on your teeth.
- The process takes three, 15-minute applications delivered over one hour. After rinsing the treatment is complete.
The at-home teeth whitening process with Day White and Night White by Philips
- The dentist provides the same examination as above.
- You select between nighttime or daytime options designed to fit your specific needs and schedule.
- You apply a gel inside trays shaped to fit around your teeth and wear them for the designated amount of time over days or nights.
- Voila! You have a whiter, brighter smile.
We offer safe yet effective teeth whitening in Seattle. Call our downtown Seattle office for more information or to schedule an appointment for your teeth whitening today.